RCEP is a dynamic learning organization under the auspices of UNESCO, Sharjah, UAE. The “RCEP Dynamic Web Portal Project” is envisaged to give its users detailed information about the Educational Services and enable visitors to make on-line ‘e-training’, webinar’ and ‘Registration’ in a secure and user friendly manner.
RCEP SharePoint Portal incorporated the following features:
- Strict Content Approval workflows for any contribution, prior to its publishing to the portal.
- Good architecture, high on usability, good navigation structure, rich content, that follow the brand images and colors of the organization.
- Content Pages that help the visitors understand more about the organization, it’s Mission, Vision, Goals, Etc.
- User-Friendly Input Forms that help in obtaining suggestion and feedback from the users.
- Creation and Management of Separate User Groups and their respective security roles and permissions.
- A powerful Content Management System (CMS) that helps the Administrator of the website to keep the website up to date. Workflow process is enabled among the different category of users – Content Editors and Approvers, which helps the Approver to publish material onto the website after the required levels of approval, are completed.
- Social Media Integration with RCEP Facebook and Twitter accounts, such that the website administrator can publish material onto the FB and Twitter account directly from the portal.
- Integration of LMS into the portal along with the support of a payment gateway helps students attend the courses online and also allows for the selling of e-learning courses online.
- Upload of RCEP e-Magazines and other publications onto the portal. Also, the registered users can view/subscribe/download them. E-mail alert facilities are provided for the subscribed users, as and when a magazine is uploaded.
- A well-defined structure and naming convention for the Media Library, Document Library and Picture Library that helps users to easily browse for the required item.
- Integration of Webinar feature.
- Integration with the Training Management System – a separate system that tracks and monitors the different stages involved in training.
- Search Engine Friendly.
- Multi-lingual supported ( English and Arabic)